Re: Gnome 2.2 configuration

On Sun, 2003-02-16 at 15:50, Subba Rao wrote:
> On  0, Sean Middleditch <elanthis awesomeplay com> wrote:
> > If you are using fvwm2, then you have to configure fvwm2 as you normally
> > would.  The GNOME configuration settings in GConf and the Control Center
> > are for the proper GNOME WM, Metacity.
> >

> Thank you for replying.
>
> Well, I didn't know better. I went and changed the following value to fvwm
> in GConf.
>
> / -> desktop -> gnome -> applications -> window_manager -> current
>
> I tried to change it back to metacity but does not do anything diffent.  The
> gnome panel does come up at the start.  The mouse click menus are still from
> the fvwm configuration.
>
> How do I fix this?

You need to get Metacity back as your main WM, for starts - I'm not sure
if that GConf key is even supposed to work, I recall it always being
broken before... You can open up a terminal, and type in

  metacity --replace

Then save your session (either in the Control Center, or next time you
log out) and it should be your default WM from now on.  Unless you put
fvwm2 in your .xinitrc or something...