Re: Multi-Head

On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 11:11:10AM -0800, Sean Walker wrote:
> I read through the release notes for Gnome 2.2 and found a page rather
> interresting to me: http://www.gnome.org/start/2.2/notes/rnmultihead.html
> most importantly the first sentence of "GTK+ 2.2 supports simultaneous
> connections to multiple X servers, and X servers with multiple screens.
> It also supports migration of toplevel windows between screens and
> displays."
>
> Just a short question: How?
>
> I have examined all documents I can find and all settings I can set and
> have found no way of supporting multiple X servers nor migration between
> displays.

GTK+ 2.2 supports it, but GNOME does not. i.e. you can write an app
that connects to multiple displays, but most apps are not written that
way.

GNOME 2.2 does support multiple screens pretty well, also Xinerama,
and with recent bugfixes in CVS supports multiple simultaneous logins
on different displays. But it doesn't support having multiple displays
in the same login session.

Havoc