Re: gdm2?

Moses McKnight <moses gcecisp com> writes:

> I just installed gdm from Debian - it says it's version 2.2.5.5
> The problem is, it is using gtk 1 instead of 2!  Is there a newer
> version of gdm somewhere for debian, or has it not been ported to
> gnome2?

As a matter of fact, it has very recently been discussed on the
debian-gtk-gnome mailing list. The problem is that GDM 2.4 doesn't
build on all the architectures that Debian support. So the official
maintainer of the GDM package don't want to introduce into unstable
yet.

Meanwhile, add

  # for GDM 2.4
  deb http://harshy.homelinux.org/files/debian ./

to your /etc/apt/sources.list and you should be flying.

--
Ole Laursen
http://www.cs.auc.dk/~olau/