Re: trouble with gnome

On Sat, 2003-02-01 at 21:50, Benjamin Meakin wrote:
> Hello,
> I have been trying to get gnome to work on my debian system. The
> problem is that when gnome starts up the desktop doesn't fit on the
> screen, random icons appear in the middle of the screen, images are
> distorted... How can I fix this problem? I don't know if this is the

It's hard to say. Can you be more speciffic? What version of gnome are
you using?

"The desktop doesn't fit on the screen" implies that you may have the
monitor settings of X11 misconfigured.

As for random icons appearing in the middle of the screen, what icons
are these? What exactly do you mean by "in the middle of the screen"? Do
they have titles? Are they all in a little window?

> right list to email but I have already tried several others and got no
> help. So please tell me how get gnome working or tell me the right
> address to mail.

This is the right address.

--Ben