Re: Newb questions....

From: Eric Pierce <eric_icewm yahoo com>

--- "Larry W. Virden" <lvirden cas org> wrote:
> From: Eric Pierce <eric_icewm yahoo com>
>
> > #1.  How do I tie a keyboard shortcut to an and/or
> > nice long Rxvt load string (or any app for that
> > matter) something like:
> > rxvt -geometry 156x58 -name MC -fg white -bg black
> -sl
> > 3000 -st -e mc ~/
>
> I don't understand your question.  However, under
> Gnome's Metacity,
> there is the concept of a launcher - a menu item or
> desktop icon that,
> when selected, results in a program starting.  To
> create one, right click
> in the area where you want it, select New Launcher,
> then fill in the
> app.
Ok, I made a Launcher for a program.  But I don't see
anyway to tie a keyboard shortcut to it in the
Launcher Properties.  Is that possible?

Try using Applications -> Desktop Preferences -> Keyboard Shortcuts to
directly invoke an application.  I apologize - I misunderstood what you were
wanting.

> Thanks for the tip.  Devilspie handles a few of the
> things I was looking for (sticky state, app removed
> from panel), but not everything (it's still focusable
> and Alt-tab-able).

You'll probably have to hack that into the code yourself.
--
Tcl - The glue of a new generation.  <URL: http://wiki.tcl.tk/ >
Larry W. Virden <mailto:lvirden cas org> <URL: http://www.purl.org/NET/lvirden/>