Re: Newb questions....

From: Eric Pierce <eric_icewm yahoo com>

> #1.  How do I tie a keyboard shortcut to an and/or a
> nice long Rxvt load string (or any app for that
> matter) something like:
> rxvt -geometry 156x58 -name MC -fg white -bg black -sl
> 3000 -st -e mc ~/

I don't understand your question.  However, under Gnome's Metacity,
there is the concept of a launcher - a menu item or desktop icon that,
when selected, results in a program starting.  To create one, right click
in the area where you want it, select New Launcher, then fill in the
app.

I've not figured out how to edit one of these items though.

> #2.  How do I get Gkrellm to automatically load on all
> desktops and not be focusable?

To add a program to the list of programs automatically started, you use
Applications -> Desktop Preferences -> Advanced -> Sessions
and then select the Startup Programs tab.  I don't know, however, whether
anyone's added to this app the ability to automatically mark the
application as sticky.  If not, then take a look at

http://www.burtonini.com/blog/computers/devilspie

which you can build and then configure to mark the application as sticky.
--
Tcl - The glue of a new generation.  <URL: http://wiki.tcl.tk/ >
Larry W. Virden <mailto:lvirden cas org> <URL: http://www.purl.org/NET/lvirden/>