Re: How about a real document reader!

> > You can compare this with a picture viewer
> > like gqview. Of course, one could simply open a nautilus window and
> > click on the preferred picture or document. But that's not the same!
>
> Whats different?

As someone who just started using os/x I can say there's a big
difference :)  The preview tool is quick and easy, and allows you to see
a document almost immediately on even a slower machine.  I've only
really seen it in use with pdfs and images, but the difference of
starting up "preview" and starting OOo, Word, or photoshop are marked.
Also, with a single tool used for viewing all sorts of different
document types instead of several different programs, it is cached so
there is less lag of loading programs into memory.

> > I'm not a hacker, so I only can make the proposal for such an
> > application and can help testing. I think something like that doesn't
> > exist so far and would be rather progressiv. Anyone interested?
>
> Nautilus can view alot of documents,  a nautilus plugin like
> mozilla-bonobo is for web-browsers would be very nice.

Aren't the plugins going away with the 2.6 spatial nautilus?

--
Alan <alan ufies org> - http://arcterex.net
"There are only 3 real sports: bull-fighting, car racing and mountain