How about a real document reader!

Hi,

I have several documents on my computer gathered from all over the net.
Usually, it's sufficient for me to read them on screen instead of
printing them out. However, in order to store them in a nice way, I have
to print them out. What I'm missing is a nice document reader which can
handle different file formats like .pdf, .html, .ps, .txt and even .swx
or .doc, and can present me these file in good on-screen readable way
like the full screen option of acroread. Furthermore, this program
should be able to scan a whole folder and even folders in the top folder
for documents and give me a nice way to choose one of the documents
based on the title or so. You can compare this with a picture viewer
like gqview. Of course, one could simply open a nautilus window and
click on the preferred picture or document. But that's not the same!

I'm not a hacker, so I only can make the proposal for such an
application and can help testing. I think something like that doesn't
exist so far and would be rather progressiv. Anyone interested?