Re: Nautilus file associations

Jayne,

On Sat, 2003-12-13 at 02:54, Janyne Kizer wrote:
> I hope that I am not over my allotment of questions for the day :-)

In case you, or anybody else, every seriously feels this is a problem
(asking too many questions): I can never see it as a problem when
somebody asks a number of clearly expressed questions on a list like
this.

The absolute worst that can happen is that one of your requests will not
be answered. In that case, you may have to post again in a couple of
weeks or look on another list for help. But most of the time somebody
will respond with some type of clue.

As a benefit to the community, by posting on this list, your questions
and their answers are in the archive. Google searches will turn them up
when other people are looking for the information. Further, if somebody
wants to write a deployment document for GNOME, they have the archives
to search to see what questions are being asked and where the confusing
bit. When a systems administrator asks questions about how to roll-out
GNOME in a multi-user environment, it would be highly negligent of us
not to at least note the questions and work to make their answers more
obvious.

So please feel free to continue posting as many questions like this as
you need to. You are helping the GNOME community as a whole as much as
you are helping yourself by doing this. :-)

(At least, that is my opinion on the matter. There will be others who
disagree, but that is the way the world works.)

Cheers,
Malcolm