Nautilus file associations

I hope that I am not over my allotment of questions for the day :-)

How can I change the file associations (system wide) in Nautilus? For example, we would like PDFs to always open with Acrobat Reader and sxw files to open with StarOffice 6. I see that the extensions are listed in /usr/share/mime-info/gnome-vfs.mime but where are they associated with an application?

Thanks again for all of your help!
--

Janyne Kizer
Systems Programmer Administrator