Tear-off menus on the panel.

I recently switch from GNOME 1.4 to GNOME 2.2 and noticed that the panel on
GNOME 2.2 has no tear off menus. I did enable the thing in gconf to get tear off
menus, and they do appear on some gtk2 applications, but they aren't on the
menus on the panel. How would I get tear off menus on the GNOME 2.2 panel?

I would really like to know because it is nice to be able to tear off the games
menu when I want to play a few games instead of going through the menus each
time. Also it is useful when adding multiple applets to the panel.

Stephen
kc8ioy fdt net
Please don't spam me.;-)