Re: Unknown command line options and --help

Mariano Suarez-Alvarez <msuarezalvarez arnet com ar> writes:

> Is it a GNOME policy to ignore unknown command line options?

I think most GNOME programs never really check their command line
options, none of the ones I've written do. So people probably forget it.

> And: wouldn't it be nice if we had some kind of global policy about having a
> --verbose-help or whatever so that we only get the full huge list of cmdline
> options listed on each and every program's --help about things as hermetic
> as --oaf-ior-fd and friends unless they are explicitely requested?

I think it would be nice. You should probably direct the request to
desktop-devel though so that it gets noticed.

--
Ole Laursen
http://www.cs.auc.dk/~olau/