Re: How do I switch window managers in Gnome 2.2?

On Mon, Apr 21, 2003 at 11:27:06AM -0500, James Amundson wrote:
> I am using Gnome 2.2 from RedHat 9. I would like to change my window
> manager to something other than Metacity. Several documents I found on
> the web suggested typing
>
> 	killall -9 metacity; sleep 5; sawfish &
>
> That doesn't work -- metacity restarts immediately. Reducing the sleep
> to 1 doesn't help. The Gnome wiki at gnomesupport.org says

I've never used a sleep, and I don't think that having the & on the end
works just

	killall metacity ; sawfish

Then manually background with ^Z then 'bg' and then exit the shell
cleanly, all should be well! (don't forget to save your session! :)

alan

--
Alan <alan ufies org> - http://arcterex.net
"The only thing that experience teaches us is that experience teaches