Re: Directories searched for desktop files?

On Fri, Apr 18, 2003 at 07:56:53PM -0300, Jose Romildo Malaquias wrote:
> I need to know what are the directories searched for
> desktop files in a Gnome2 installation.

Those listed in /etc/X11/desktop-menus/applications.menu on Red Hat
are used for both GNOME and KDE.  For GNOME upstream, it is
/etc/gnome-vfs-2.0/something.vfolder-info or something like that.

> I would like to install a desktop file into the
> directory /usr/local/share/applications in a
> Red Hat Linux 9 box, but it does not work.

Right, that's expected. You have to install the .desktop file to
/usr/share/applications.

Havoc