How to automount USB memorystick

I've installed Red Hat 9.0 and I'd like to have my USB memorystick
automounted and opened similar to cdrom.

I've already searched the newsgroups and mailing lists. But I couldn't find
any hint.

The memory stick is being recognized and updfstab writes an approriate enty
into fstab. When I log in after
the memory is being hot-plugged, there are some entries in the popup
dialog's entry Disks. If I'm already
logged in nothing happens.

In the release notes it's described that memory sticks should be
automounted. I don't know what I'm missing?
Futhermore is up to magidev, nautilus, mc to automount the memory stick?

TIA.

Karl Jost