sawfish + nautilus (was Re: Disabling nautilus)

On Mon, 2003-04-14 at 18:32, Calum Benson wrote:

> You can set gconf preferences from the commandline using gconftool-2.
> To set the background from the commandline (and hence a script) you'll
> need to do something like:
>
> gconftool-2 -s /desktop/gnome/background/picture_filename
> /path/to/picture.jpg --type=string
>
> You might also want to set /desktop/gnome/background/picture_options to
> "stretched", "scaled" etc.

Excellent - that is exactly what I wanted.

Unfortunately I've since discovered that nautilus and sawfish don't play
well together if nautilus draws the desktop. I think this is probably a
sawfish issue, but I'll describe the problem here in case anyone has a
solution.

I have the insert key set to bring up a terminal window if it is pressed
in the root window. If nautilus doesn't draw the desktop, I press it
once and I get one terminal. If nautilus does draw the desktop and I
press it once, I either get none or three terminals. This happens
consistently. It happens with the sawfish that is standard with rh9 and
with the latest one (1.3) from sourceforge.

Regards,

Chris