A small problem

Hi all,

I have been having a strange problem getting gnome up and running on my HPUX machine. I have successfully installed it and It seems to want to come up (no errors) but when it gets to the desktop, it is simply an x screen (little x's forming a greyish backdrop with the cursor a big X in the middle). The interesting problem is that it only starting doing this after we took a power hit. I have gone as far as unistalling/reinstalling gnome to no avail. I have looked all over for a file that might point me in the right direction but I can't find anythin.g. I don't know if it is a problem with X as CDE comes up fine for me if I try to use that. Any suggestions/questions?

Thanks

Bill