Menus in Gnome 2

Hello group,

I just upgraded from gnome 2.0.0 to 2.0.1 from source.  With gnome 2.0.0
if I added a new .desktop file to /opt/gnome2/share/applications and then
"touch /opt/gnome2/etc/gnome-vfs-2.0/vfolders" any new .desktop files
would show up in my menu.  However, now the only way I can get the menus
updated is to logout.  Is there some way to make gnome refresh the menus
without logging out?  Please don't tell me that gnome 2.0.2 will need a
reboot like M$ : )

Jim Drabb

--
James Drabb, JR