Re: gnome-libs+db 4.1 / 1.85 compactibility problem

On Tue, Sep 24, 2002 at 09:55:10PM +0200 or thereabouts, julius junghans wrote:
> hi
> i know this problem is discussed very ofen in the mailing list but i cant find an answer that lets compile gnome-libs
>
> berkley db 4.1 and gnome-libs-1.42
>
> i build the db with --enable-compat185
> it is installed in /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1
>
> but gnome-libs always gives the following error :
>
> checking for dbopen... no
> checking for dbopen in -ldb... no
> checking for dbopen in -ldb1... no
> checking for __db185_open in -ldb-3... no
> checking for __db185_open in -ldb-4... no
> configure: error: Your db library is missing db 1.85 compatibility mode
>
> whats wrong ?

On what OS are you running this? And what version? Those are
important.

./configure --enable-something-I-forget (which you can find
from the gnome-libs tarball README or ./configure --help) used
to fix something related to this. I don't have 1.4 around to
check right now.

Please note someone from Sleepycat contacted me to point out
that the FAQ entry (for Gnome 1.2) is badly wrong on the question
of this one. It might have vanished already by the time you
read this, but I think not; I think it needs kicking to
regenerate from cvs.

Telsa (off hunting someone to kick into kicking it)