Gnome 2 Install. No luck in any way

Hi again:
     Two weeks trying to install gnome 2.0.2 :(. Day by day, hour by hour I
had tried to create srpms from tar.gz with no luck ( I prefer to have a
consistent database about software installed in my system but...sigh),
after i tried to use Garnome, with no luck too ( gnome-vfs needs libbz2 to
compile, and no info in the web about what rpm can have this libs, only one
note about Conectiva distro ).
     Anybody can point me to the right direction? Having Suse and mandrake
srpms pointed in the gnome web, why RedHat aren't? Is Red Hat who must make
them, or is Gnome, or are contributors?

As Always, a lot of TIAS from a desesperated Gnome fan ;)

Regards