configuring an alternate shutdown command from the panel's dialog

Hi,

  gdm's Halt and Reboot commands are configurable from the file /etc/X11/gdm/gdm.conf.  I wonder if there is any similar way to reconfigure the halt and reboot commands that are invoked from the panel's logout dialog box?

  Specifically, I have some cleanup code that I'd like to see executed when a user shuts their system down from a gnome graphical screen, but not otherwise.

  Any help would be most appreciated.  Please respond to me as well as the list.  Thanks.
--
Mitch Trachtenberg
PO Box 1352 Trinidad  CA  95570