Re: Gnome 2

On Sun, Sep 22, 2002 at 03:37:28PM +0000, is118149 mail udlap mx wrote:
> Hello There:
>
> I'm going to compile (again) Gnome 2 from the sources. The question is: the compilation manual in the gnome site, is right? I mean, I should verify something else before begining?

I think the release notes are OK, but I have never tested them. I had problems when i tried to follow the gnome installation guide, but the build order was (then) slightly different from the release notes. I ended up using Garnome.

> Oh yes ... another question: could someone tell me where a good paper about creating rpm-packages is?

I guess maximum rpm is the best, but its a bit old. Take a look at www.rpm.org.

Hallvor