Re: A silly question!!!!!!!

On Fri, 13 Sep 2002, Malcolm Tredinnick wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 12, 2002 at 04:02:34PM +0200, chiara zaniboni wrote:
> > Hi! I've Mandrake Linux on my PC and I use the Gnome desktop.
> > Sometimes a little fish (Wanda!) appears and swims though the desktop
> > from the rigth to the left side!
> > What is this??????????
> Easter Egg. Fear not, there have been no reports of the fish ever
> leaving the boundaries of the monitor and flopping out onto your
> physical desktop. :-)
> Malcolm

How do you "activate" this Easter Egg?  I want to see what he means!  :)

While I have your audience, I wondered how I tell what version of Gnome I
am running?  My ~/.xinitrc runs exec gnome-session so is there a "-v or
version" flag to that?  Also, I think my startx is running two windows
managers concurrently, on top of each other.  I have "fvwm95 &" then "exec
gnome-session" in my ~/.xinitrc so that's probably the cause.  I would just
like to revert back to metacity.  Does anyone know how to do so?  Thanks!!

--
Peter Leftwich
President & Founder