Linux macro and word prediction programs?

hi. I'm a guy whose physical disabled who types & runs computers, over 23
years, with a headwand now on a standard Windows style keyboard [image on
http://www.opera.com/press/guides/operapower suggests how i work]. In
DOS/Win macro programs make 1 key do many keystrokes, the same keys act
differently depending on what program has Windows' focus. F7 in Eudora
types " the " while in Opera F7 does Alt-B for Bookmark. & new macros r
made quickly as programs or topics demand, now I run http://www.macros.com
Macro Express. Over last 2 years I've looked all over for Linux program
that does macros in any app, in any mode, with no luck [some programs make
their own setup scripts which r different things]. If anyone knows of
something please reply, u could get me on to Linux sooner!

Word prediction r programs that watch keyboard input & offer to complete
words based on 1st few letters. Example, once letters org were typed a
pop-up Window shows matches like 'organize' organizing' 'organization' with
numbers besides so only typing 1 more number completes the word. that would
be nice to have, but macro program is vital. Any ideas in the general area
will be much appreciated [grin] TIA!

Regards,
Bryan Campbell

--> "It has been said the pebbles can't stop the avalanche, guess the
pebbles didn't have access to the Web!"