Re: Limits of GConf

iain <iain prettypeople org> writes:

> Are we instead supposed to use gnome-config?
> Are we supposed to write our own?

Depends on the application I guess. Sometimes it's appropriate to use
an XML or GMarkup file, sometimes gnome-config is the right kind of
thing (though using it for complex data can lead to hacks like
~/.gnome/session).

> Is gnome-config deprecated or not?

It currently is, though I think we should have a simple data file API
somewhere. I've brought up this point several times in the past,
including when we deprecated gnome_config_* I think, so - not my
fault.

Personally I wouldn't feel bad about using gnome_config_, if it gets
removed you can just cut-and-paste it later.

Havoc