Re: gonme and the internet.

Determine which interface you want down and do:

/sbin/ifconfig INTERFACE down

Where INTERFACE is probably one of: eth0, ppp0

(I don't know what the interface is for pppoe)

mike wrote:
On Thu, 2002-10-31 at 03:01, Michael Thomas Vanderford wrote:

First i turn the network service off.
Then i log into Gnome
From there i start a teminal and start the network service.

By turning the network service off I think you are closing too much
(linux/gnome needs networking)

boot up normally (with networking turned on) then do
ps -aux|grep eth0
ps -aux|grep pppoe

lookk for any entries and kill them

problem is that when you kill networking you are also killing network
capability - you need to finesse a bit