Are these "troubles" due to RedHat 8 or Gnome 2 ?

I installed RH8 on a clean system and have some troubles. I have some config problems. If these are due to the much discussed RedHat "improvements" and "simplifications", please let me know and I'll get Gnome some other way.

1. How do you choose a Window Manager? That choice is gone from the config setup.

2. Without being able to switch Window Managers, I can't see how to make the backgrounds of different workspaces use different images. Is it possible?

3. There appears to be no way inside the file manager (Nautilus?) to find out how much space is used in a directory. Is that right?

4. gnome-terminal no longer accepts a command-line argument to indicate which pixmap should be used on the background. After choosing a pixmap in the menu system, the background does not scale with the terminal window. Is it supposed to be that way?

--
Paul E. Johnson                       email: pauljohn ku edu
1541 Lilac Lane, Rm 504