Nautilus mysteriously breaks

Hello all,

	My sisters' computer runs Debian stable with nautilus package
1.0.6-7.  This setup has worked really well for them since woody became
stable, and it's been great for a year before that on potato.

	Suddently, when one of my sisters logs in via gdm, her desktop
isn't drawn, and an error pops up saying that an Icon View was unable to
be displayed.  ~/.gnome-errors contains lines like this:
** WARNING **: A view failed. The UI will handle this with a dialog but
this should be debugged.

(hehe, no kidding ::-).  Nautilus is running, but it doesn't seem to be
doing anything - clicks on the desktop go unanswered.

I've run the nautilus-restore-settings-to-default.sh, doesn't help.
I've checked in nautilus-preferences, the box for "use Nautilus to
manage desktop" is activated.

Nothing has changed on the box, and my account works just as expected.
What gives?

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross willow seitz com

A Pope has a Water Cannon.				 It is a Water Cannon.
He fires Holy-Water from it.			    It is a Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses it.				       It is a Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses the Hell out of it.		It is a Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He has it pierced.		  It is a Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
Batman and Robin arrive.				       He shoots them.