Re: gnome dvi viewer

On Tue, Nov 26, 2002 at 12:50:51PM -0800, Ben FrantzDale wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-11-26 at 05:45, Jaka Mocnik wrote:
> > On the other hand, a simpler solution is to implement gdvi as a bonobo
> > control (perhaps it is implemented in such a manner already, I haven't
> > looked at the sources) - then it would be easy to make ggv shell display
> > that control instead of the ggv one. And nautilus would be able to use
> > that control as well.
>
> That sounds like it would be good.

Yes, I think this is a great idea.  I'm guessing it is fairly simple
to implement as a bonobo control if you are started from an existing
widget?  I will see if I can get started doing this, using the ggv
source code as an example.  If anyone want to help that would be
great.  I'll put working versions on http://superduper.net/gdvi until
there is a better home.

> > You are of course free to do a "dvips some.dvi -o some.ps; ggv some.ps"
> > to use ggv as your dvi viewer...
>
> This is what I always do. Aside from being a dirty hack, that would be
> an effective way to make ggv support dvis.

My reasons for wan't a gdvi are that this process can add a lot of
time to the edit/view cycle on slower machines.

sam
--
sam clegg
:: sam superduper net