Re: Applications menu empty?

On Tue, 2002-11-26 at 14:16, Remco Poelstra wrote:
> But my main quetion is: Since the reinstall reconstructed all the
> directories, where is my applications menu? Or how can I fix it? And
> how do I get rid of that empty hand-made officemap, which I can't find
> back on my sytem....
I use Debian Gnome2 on my laptop and at work. Actually, I use the
backport of Gnome 2 packages to woody, but it should be the same in sid
(packages are built from the same sources). Try this:

run "dpkg -S <file>" for each <file> in /etc/gnome-vfs-2.0/vfolders/*
and manually remove those files that are not owned by any package. Then
log out and back in your gnome 2 desktop.

I hope this helps!

regards,
        jaKa

--