Applications menu empty?

Hi,

In those old days that bonobo was broken in Debian I've tried to fix my gnome by removing all gnome-related packages, removing all gnome related directories (also in /etc and /usr) and afterwards reinstalling gnome. Of course this didn't help, since it was bonobo, but now Debian is fixed (they downgraded bonobo), my application menu is empty. Apart from a office map I created myself someday when I tried to add a menu entry (which failed). That this map turns up now means that I forgot to remove some directory. But my main quetion is: Since the reinstall reconstructed all the directories, where is my applications menu? Or how can I fix it? And how do I get rid of that empty hand-made officemap, which I can't find back on my sytem....

Thanks in advance,

Remco Poelstra