Custom Icons

I'd like to see the 'assign custom icon' feature of Gnome improved a little. It's a real pain when you rename a directory containing a bunch of custom iconed-files and then watch them all disappear.

Even now, Linux is constantly changing the way programs and such are organized, shifting directories and whathave you, and i think that a fine feature of Gnome like the ability to assign custom icons to files needs to be able to handle those incessant changes.

Currently, as a high school student about to enter college, I'm not a computer-programmer, but from what i do know, i think that this is not too grand an obstacle.
--
Eric Fields <ericdfields comcast net>