Debug execution of application in Gnome 2

Hi:
     I need to know how can i debug the execution of a Gnome 2 application.
My problem is that after the gnome2 install, and after all upgrades from
snapshots, when I execute gnome-terminal, in 99% of times it starts up but
when the cursor appears, the application is closed without any type of
message ( I'm thinking in some type of issue with fonts, locales, etc... )
and If exists ( sure ) I want to start some type of debug to see if any
message can help me. How can I do it?

Thanks and regards