Re: No fonts in GNOME 2

On Mon, 27 May 2002, Adam Williams wrote:

> I just installed GNOME 2 from the GNOME 2 Red Carpet channell.  Previously
> I had Ximian GNOME 1.4
>
> Now I have no fonts.  The GDM login text box for usernae/password is about
> an eight of an inch tall, and the menus are simply dots, and are emty.
>
> I cna enter my user name and password, and it works,  but still there is
> not text.
>
> Writing this via pine on my serial console. :)
>
> Has anyone seen this before?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated, as
> I'm pretty screwed at this point.  I expected some problems (this is beta
> after all) but this is crazy.

I did. The curious thing is that I installed Gnome 2 at home without major
problems, then installed it at work in a similar system (software wise)
and it happened.

Comparing the two systems gave me no hints. In despair I applied rpm -e
and rpm -Uvh --oldpackage to *snap* rpms as needed and got back to Gnome
1.4.

--
João Palhoto Matos                     http://www.math.ist.utl.pt/~jmatos
Departamento de Matemática