Re: Will Gnome _EVER_ be stable?

> On Wed, Mar 13, 2002 at 02:18:56PM -0500, Arthur H.  Johnson II wrote:
>> I have absolutely no issues with the Woody GNOME packages.  I'm
>> running Evolution, Galeon, with the standard gnome packages and I have
>> no problems.
>>

> So your Gnome environemt has never self destructed on you?

I know mine (Debian Woody, latest GNOME 1.4 packages) has never "self
destructed."  From what people are saying, it only happens when your
partition is full?  That might explain why mine hasn't ever - last runaway
process I had only managed to fillup half the disk (rather big disk) before
I noticed, killed it off, and deleted the file it filled up.

Assuming that the problem is only the disk filling up, what solution could
there be?  There is no way to save settings if there is no disk space, end
of story.  Perhaps there should be more safe guards against deleting
settings if new data can't be stored?  I.e., write the new, temporary
settings file, then "rename" it to the real config file's name?

Or do I have no idea what I'm talking about in regards to settings right
now?  ~,^