Re: Will Gnome _EVER_ be stable?

On Wed, Mar 13, 2002 at 03:57:31PM -0800, Josh Steiner wrote:
> please stop spamming the list, this _is_ being worked on.  gconf will not
> suffer the same issues as the old .gnome config stuff did.

OK, 2 things here.

1. I have no idea what you are talking about, gconf? Could you enlighten me?
    What is it? Is it for Gnome 1.4 or is this a 2.0 thing? Does it still
	store config data in (yuck) binary files?

2. The point i am trying to make, is that from my prespective, I'm seing
   the _same_ instabilty that made me give up trying to use Gnome for
   real work 3 to 4 years agao. So for me it does not appear that any
   progress has been made in this area in several years.

   Comercial UNIX software has always been held to a _very_ high  standard
   for reliabilyt. Failing to meet these standards gas assured the failure
   of a product. Not, mind you, that meeting them has assured the success
   of a product. But Gbnome will not be acepted by the people who are familiar
   with these stnadrds till it meets them.

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin