Re: sounds

I have this same problem. Slackware package install. Slackware manual source install. Gentoo portage install. Every single time I install Gnome I have this problem and I can NEVER get an answer. I've seen the question asked on multiple message boards but no one ever answers. This has got to be a fairly common problem. Does ANYONE know the answer!?