Re: Will Gnome _EVER_ be stable?

> <snip>. However, currently gnome breaks the golden
> rule: never loose users data! And configuration is data. I see you don't
> fully trust gnome to save your config either as you are in the habit of
> making a backup copy (I can't tell you how often having nightly backups
> has saved my ass after my gnome settings got scrambled). </snip>

I'm not really arguing your point, but - I don't fully trust ANY system
to save my configs or data, not just Gnome. Also, I'm in the habit of
manually tweaking the configuration files directly; I don't think it's
necessarily reasonable to expect Gnome to always handle that gracefully.
THAT'S why I back it up. :-)

--
Travis Saling
Webmaster, UW Electrical Engineering