Re: Gnome does not close

At one time I thought I had the same problem, but it was really because I wasn't waiting long enough. I would guess it's dependent upon all the things you have running when you attempt to exit. I've never timed it, but I would estimate that it had been > a minute, which would seem a long time. I'd give it another shot and give it too much time, say 5 minutes. It's worth the test, unless you've already attempted this.

Andres Montiel wrote:
I have RedHat 7.2 on my system. I have been logging on and choosing KDE as my window manager from the menu log on menu. Recently, I tried using Gnome. Everything works okay, until I choose to exit, that is. Gnome doesn't close. I have to press Ctrl-Alt-Backspace to kill xwindows.

What could I do to solve this dilemma?

- Andres Montiel