Re: new file selector dialog?

On Thu, 2002-03-07 at 12:30, Rémi Cohen-Scali wrote:
Pawel Salek wrote:

> On 2002.03.07 18:56 Gustavo Noronha Silva wrote:
>
>> > With the upcoming release of GTK2, I thought the file selector
>> dialog maybe re-designed...To my surprise its still the same in
>> 1.3.15, why is that?
>> hmmm... that'd disappoint me a lot... I love everything I saw 'till
>> now
>> on Gtk 1.3 but Gtk 1.2's file selection dialog is anything but
>> produtive and user friendly
>

> I guess this is a question of taste. Actually, I like the present
> GtkFileSelector quite much since it has convenient keyboard support
> and tab expansion. So, IMO, it is quite user friendly and definetely
> productive.
>
> The only problem I experienced so far was a tendence to "loose" the
> filename when using the file selector for saving but I do not have any
> "user friendly" ideas.
>
> -pawel

The Gnome File Selector Bonobo component has a location bar, a location
menu, displays mime icons and it is lovely (IMHO).
Why it has been abandonned ?

--
                                                          -o)
                   Remi Cohen-Scali                       /\\

I agree. The File Selector should be "all encompassing" unless there is a special need
for it not to be. Not the other way around.
IMHO comparatively speaking in respect to other File Selection Dialogs, The one for
GNOME is less than desirable.
Michael Vanderford

email: michaelv cox-internet com
web: http://www.cox-internet.com/michaelv