GNOME2 - Dual Head & Metacity

Hi there,

I've finally swapped over to using GNOME2 since this afternoon.  I am
very impressed with the quality of improvement since I last tried it.

Since I run a dual-head setup my situation is slightly more complicated
than normal.  Previously I didn't use xinerama.  After trying to use
metacity I discovered it doesn't support dual-head in this mode.
(Before I used to use Enlightenment 0.16 which supports dual-head very
well).

Temporarily I have enabled Xinerama but I don't quite like this mode of
operation.  My main objective is to be able to split up the desktops:
Normally I have consoles on the left screen and web browser or "final
output" on the right. (when developing GUI or web or LaTeX documents).

I'd stick with E16, but it doesn't support whatever is required for the
GNOME2 Window List or Workspace selector...

I would like to use Metacity but would prefer non-xinerama.

Any suggestions as to my options?

--
Trevor Nichols.                                     <trevor ocdi org>
Computer and Network Services                    http://ocdi.ocdi.org