nautilus window opening

Hi,

 Nautilus 2 (latest Debian experiemental/unstable packages), if the X
server crashes or some other way I quit abnormally, when I log back in,
a Nautilus window pops open in addition to the desktop.  After a clean
logout, this does not happen.

 I've tried removing nautilus from the session manager and starting it
with the -n flag, but the session manager doesn't seem to remember this.

 Anyway I can stop this annoying behaviour?

 (Yes, my X server does crash a lot - some obscure nVidia driver bug I
think, Xv in Xine/MPlayer causes it to crash 1/4 times, once every month
or so I get a crash just when moving the mouse - Xv bug is getting
annoying trying to view all those nice NWN previews ~,^ ).

Sean Etc.