Re: Gnome2 Mailing List

On Sun, Jun 09, 2002 at 11:11:09PM -0400, bordoley msu edu wrote:
> Ximian has daily snapshot builds of gnome2 available from red carpet. Thats
> probably the easiest way to get a build of gnome2 on to your machine.

Given that the original poster said they way 99% of the way to the top
of the heap, we might as well pitch in and push him all the way there.
:-)

Post your problems here, Mark, and we'll try to help.

One drawback to the daily snapshot path is that every day (or whenever
you upgrade to the latest snapshot) you end up downloading every package
again, since (at least in the rpm versions), they are all versioned with
the date, so you upgrade _every_single_package, which is a lot of
bandwidth for those who pay by the (mega)byte or use modems.

Malcolm