Re: Setting default open with programs in Gnome2

Gnome-vfs puts settings in .gnome not .gnome2, on my system after I
cleared the mime files everything nearly works (titles are wierd)

Try it and report back

It seems to me that I've got the same problems. What precise files
should I erase ? I've got a gnome-vfs directory in .gnome but it's
empty. And I'm a little afraid of wiping out all mime related files...

All in all, erasing these mime files is'nt a good solution : I should
be able to upgrade to Gnome2 and use it in all existing accounts...
Cheers,
Bertrand Dekoninck

PS : I'm beginning to try programming with gnome-vfs1. With the following code :

	file_info = gnome_vfs_file_info_new ();
	g_warning("1");
	result = gnome_vfs_get_file_info (filename, file_info,
(GNOME_VFS_FILE_INFO_GET_MIME_TYPE | GNOME_VFS_FILE_INFO_FOLLOW_LINKS));
	g_warning("2");

I've got a crash, the application showing the firts -debug- warning, but never reaching the second, with the following error message :

** WARNING **: 1

GLib-CRITICAL **: file ghash.c: line 138 (g_hash_table_lookup): assertion `hash_table != NULL' failed.

GLib-CRITICAL **: file ghash.c: line 138 (g_hash_table_lookup): assertion `hash_table != NULL' failed.

Is this the same problem, or did I miss something ?