Re: Setting default open with programs in Gnome2

On Fri, 2002-07-26 at 12:03, Mark C wrote:
> On Fri, 2002-07-26 at 02:14, mike wrote:
>
> > Gnome-vfs puts settings in .gnome not .gnome2, on my system after I
> > cleared the mime files everything nearly works (titles are wierd)
> >
> > Try it and report back
>
> >From original email
>
> -- cut ---
> > > (wiping out my  home directory each time, just in case)
>
> Ive tried this several times, even to the point of creating several new
> users just for this, but still the same.

Yes - but have you installed gnome-vfs after wiping out your home
directory

I think you just need to get rid of the mime  types etc files AFTER
installing gnome-vfs - I believe that gnome-vfs is installing files
which block correct operation

It is also possible that when you re-create your home dir the blocking
files are getting re-instlled