Re: Opening files that start with %
- From: Rob Brown-Bayliss <rob zoism org>
- To: Shane OConnor - Sun Ireland <Shane Oconnor Sun COM>
- Cc: Gnome List <gnome-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Opening files that start with %
- Date: Thu Jul 18 20:03:02 2002
On Fri, 2002-07-19 at 03:56, Shane OConnor - Sun Ireland wrote:
> It's just been noticed that any file that starts with the '%' character will not
> open in nautilus, gedit or netscape. As all the gconf xml files start with the
> '%' character I was wondering if this was a deliberate thing? Currently the only
> way to view any file that begins with '%' is via vi.
Ha, Once not long ago I accidentaly created a file called -somefile
Tried to rm -somefile and got an "error invalid option" ;o)
I know this dosent help but hey, share and share alike huh?
] [Thread Prev