Umm... hey there.

Just subscribed to the list... don't know much about it, but I have a rather large
problem with Gnome (it rules and everything, when I can boot into it).

I'm computer savvy, and all, but not quite too Unix savvy yet, only been on Solaris for
about one year.

Ok, to the point... Every time I boot into Gnome (Gnome 1.4, Solaris 8), it displays
the Suspend/Shutdown/Cancel menu, and promptly suspends the machine.  I hit the
power button to restart, and it shuts down on me.  No error messages, nothing.  I
boot back up, load CDE, and everything runs just fine.  I hate CDE.

Has anybody run into this or something similar?

Is there a settings file I can delete (without Admin access, this is on a Solaris
development cluster on which I am not an administrator), or maybe some tweak I
can make to prevent that from happening again? Just something so I don't have to
reinstall?

Thanks in advance.
KevinKevin J. Wallace
Compaq Federal, LLC