Re: GNOME2 - Dual Head & Metacity

On Tue, 2002-07-02 at 04:23, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> Metacity should work with dual head, but you have to compile it with
> the CVS HEAD version of GTK+, instead of 2.0.x. That development
> version of GTK will probably cause a bit of instability in some other
> apps, but should mostly work.

Thanks for this info, I tried this out and updated to HEAD of GTK+.
It's installed version 2.1.0, binary version 2.0.100.

Everything still appears to work except when logging in through GDM2 it
still only starts on one monitor.  The second monitor is left with that
dot pattern and I can move the mouse there but not directly interact
with it.

Do you know of any FAQ on the Multi-Head support that is in development
that I could read?

TIA

--
Trevor Nichols.                                     <trevor ocdi org>
Computer and Network Services                    http://ocdi.ocdi.org