Re: Desktop Icons With Nautilus

Ric Tibbetts wrote:

>I'm trying to add "launchers" on the desktop in Gnome/Nautilus (ala
>KDE). So I can have an icon to start the browser, or my mail app, etc,
>on the desk top (saves digging through menus).
>
>Is this documtented anywhere? I looked through the Nautilus
>documentation and couldn't find anything useful. I know you can drag
>files onto the desk top, but that's not what I want.
>
>TIA!

I only know two possibilities :

- add launchers from menu to the main panel ( but it doesn't seem to be
your question ) so you can start application by just clicking on it
- create and customize a floating panel which will receive laucher(s) ,
and place it anywhere on the screen

that's all I know about it
Franco