Re: Gnome port to Windows???

Erm, that U/WIN trash is a load of rubbish! I downloaded it on Friday, got sick of it by saturday, and uninstalled it on Sunday.

BTW, I got gnome (1.4) working on Cygwin, just I couldn't create DLLs so the files were huge. I changed about 30 lines, and a couple of things (such as Bonobo.h and bonobo.h) so it would work, and it does. BTW, anyone out there know how to create a cygwin DLL? I've tried the building-reloc-dlls.txt's way, and it asks for GetModuleHandle 4 as an undefined reference in libcygwin.a. I cheated by adding a dummy one to init.cc, this made the DLL, but the DLL (libglib.dll) returned wrong values for GlibVerion (somewere around 10,000,000 or something), and programs compiled with it crashed. What do you have to do? But it did work! A lot better (may I add) than that U/WIN rubbish!

Get a free, personalised email address at http://another.com
TXT ALRT! Stop wasting money now. Send FREE, personalised txt
from http://another.com